TPS Brainstorming

Beginning a new project and this one is an exciting one! This assignment is making digital illustrations for the Toronto Police Services, here are the thumbnails I've been working on:
I wanted to take a more animated path for the first thumbnail and therefore, made some dynamic, shape based police officers. Thumbnails 2 and 3 were inspired by the type of connective line art that I have seen over social media the past bit. I would like to play around with the type more a bit later but for thumbnails 3 and 4 I thought that the thick lettering would go well and stand out. For the fourth thumbnail I want to make the main officer more illustrative and add in a few more as background shadows so the main one would stand out. Something that helped me with proportions and illustrative lines for these thumbnails was the use of reference photos which definitely helped in creating these. Looking forward to developing this project further!

I have continued this project a bit by adding in some value to the ideas.
I wanted to add in values with some sketch like lines to add texture and I found it helped to establish a hierarchy of placement in thumbnails 1 for example. Adding in the values helped distinguish which people were in front of each other. As well, it helped add some detail such as the values added in thumbnail 4. 

Comments

Popular Posts