TPS Coloured Artwork

This week as part of our class lesson we went through the use of collage in our artworks. This really inspired me to take another look at my thumbnails from the last couple of weeks and re-evaluate how I could be creative in this assignment. I decided to go with the third concept of my thumbnails of the police officer in a wheelchair using line art as the illustration for it. However, instead of just making the background painted in values or more line art I decided to add in some collage elements.
I Started with a background texture and my drawing and slowly added in elements that could work with the subject matter. This is the finished result:
 For relevance to the location I added in a city scape from Toronto which included the CN Tower for an easy recognizable image. On the left I went with elements that this police officer could potentially be doing, such as patrolling with another officer (top left hand corner distressed police officers and bottom left police car) or perhaps looking after work at the police station (hand and pen possibly handling reports) among many other jobs. For the type headings I wanted to incorporate it as one of the collage elements so I thought making the title into a police crime tape would effectively handle the title.  

Comments

Popular Posts