ISA #2: Six Frame Storyboard - Thumbnails and greyscale

For this assignment we were to pick between creating our own story or picking a movie/tv scene. I decided that I wanted to recreate one of the final scenes from the first matrix movies because of how action packed it is. Not only this but it has some interesting angles and scenes such as a full shot in code and close ups of Neo's face and post kick.
I put in order what scenes were to go where and had a good indication of what storyboard scenes would be included. 
Next is making the storyboard scene in greyscale.

For the greyscale frames I went through a bit of a process. I first went and found the screen grabs for the scene I wanted to recreate in order to have a reference on the body proportions and angles. I first went in and made the line art for the story board and once done created a separate layer for my shading. The shading I used a mix of brushes. For the environment, I went with a textured brush because in the movie the scene takes place in a plain building thats a bit industrial looking on the inside so the walls are fairly plain. Adding the texture with the brush strokes added something different and unique to the  storyboards. On the other hand, I used a smooth brush for the shading of the movie characters as this ensured there was a cleaner looking blend in the shading. 
I think these storyboards turned out well and were really good practice of brushes for me as I was able to explore the textures and size  of the brushes used. For the next step, I will be making the coloured versions of these for the final storyboard look.

Comments

Popular Posts