COVID-19 Greyscale

For this week I was working on my greyscale comp for my COVID-19 safety poster. 
I decided to go with my first idea/ thumbnail of the healthy lungs from proper hygiene and prevention of COVID-19. I finished the complete line drawing that will be on my final but I practiced with brushes and tones in this grey comp. 


I really wanted to keep my main focus point on the painting/drawing and so I made it a large portion of the poster.
 I went with thick bold lines and for illustrative shading I wanted to do something a little more intricate so I stippled in some of the shaded areas of the lungs. 
For the brush I used a large textured brush so it would look a bit more like a painting and would be varied therefore with the highlights and shadows. 
For the found objects, I decided to incorporate them with the added objects to the lungs. Instead of drawing the flowers I collaged a few in that I thought would go well with it. For the bottom of the lungs where the soap is, I used a soap/foam texture to add a bit more interest. 
I tried to keep the background simple because then it does not clash with the texture on the lung drawing. 
The bottom text I am going to make the same colour as the background to tie it together. 
I'm looking forward to recolouring the line drawing of this to full colour!



Comments

Popular Posts